Expert Book Editor, Ghostwriter, and Copywriter
How exciting that your book is written! Now it needs editing—expert editing. I’m a Texas-based book editor, ghost writer, copywriter and content developer with clients in the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. I’d love to help you too!
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- Recognized as a Top 15 Texas Book Editor, 2017
- Excellence in Cancer Journalism Award, American Cancer Society Media Award 2009
- Five Star Book Editor and Ghostwriter
- Client testimonials
- Member Editorial Freelancer’s Association (EFA)
- Member of the Rotary Club of Conroe, Paul Harris Fellow
- Former English teacher — certification in English, Language Arts, ESL, Special Education and Generalist
- Trained in screenwriting under John McLaughlin of Black Swan and Hitchcock
- Lifelong writer with more than two decades of publishing experience
- Contributing editor for the suite of Lifestyles & Homes Magazines (Houston area), 2010 – present
- Former editor-in-chief of Fort Bend Christian Magazine and Katy Christian Magazine
- Professional book editor
- Professional ghostwriter
- Content writer — web content, SEO, blogging and digital copy
- News reporting
- Pursuing a master’s degree in mass communication—digital media at Sam Houston State University
- English degree from University of Houston
- Associates degree from Blinn College
- Medical and legal terminology coursework
- Paralegal Certification
American Cancer Society Media Award
My grandma (1910 – 2000) was a stout little German-Irish personality who suffered from advanced Alzheimer’s disease. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in the 1990s, and until then I knew very little about the disease. But when someone you love suffers…well, it becomes intensely personal. In fact, it influenced my writing career.
I wrote Pink Divas, a magazine cover feature about breast cancer survival and support, eight years after my grandmother’s death. Little did I know that the following year it would receive an Excellence in Cancer Journalism Award from the American Cancer Society.
This media award is given to radio, television, newspaper and magazine journalists, and I was honored to be one of only 16 recognized by the American Cancer Society throughout Hawaii, Kansas, Missouri, Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas.
Career in Media
I’ve grown an enormous portfolio of work in local, national and international publications—and that took a lot of hard work! If I had to choose, my favorite assignment was visiting the cowboy churches of Texas and writing about those adventures. That article, entitled “God’s Country,“ was published in the national magazine American Cowboy.
My work has been featured in the following publications as a writer, journalist or contributing editor:
Houston Modern Luxury, Hot Springs Life and Home, Houston Lifestyles & Homes Magazine, Fort Bend Lifestyles & Homes Magazine, Cy-Fair Lifestyles & Homes Magazine, The Woodlands Lifestyles & Homes Magazine, Katy Lifestyles & Homes Magazine, Katy Christian Magazine, Fort Bend Christian Magazine, Positive Impact Magazine, Katy Magazine, absolutely! Katy Magazine, absolutely! Memorial Magazine, American Cowboy, World Coal, World Cement, International Cement Review, Gulf Construction, and Dry Cargo International.